Expert training for sharper notary skills - live or online!
- What is the difference between an Acknowledgment and an Affidavit?
- Where does an Ohio Notary Public have jurisdiction?
- What are the fees for performing notarial acts?
- What happens if I notarize something incorrectly?
Want to know the answers to these difficult questions?
- Procedure for establishing identity
- How to issue the oath
- Procedure for notarizing a document
- Jurisdictional powers
- Affidavits vs. Acknowledgements
- Chargeable rates for notary service
- Where can I get into trouble?
- Glossary of notary terms
Hon. Charles A. Schneider, Franklin County Common Pleas Court
The cost is $45 for the seminar. Application fee for the notary test is
$80. Combo seminar and test is $125.
Notary Test Dates
We offer the Notary test EVERY Wednesday morning at 10:00am. You must have an application on file in the Notary Office, and you must provide an Ohio photo ID to be eligible to take the test.
The test is also offered on the following Saturdays at 9:00am:
- July 27, 2013 (test only)
- August 17, 2013 (test only)
- August 24, 2013 (test only)
- September 14, 2013 (seminar and test)
- September 28, 2013 (test only)
- October 12, 2013 (test only)
- October 26, 2013 (seminar and test)
- November 9, 2013 (seminar and test)
- November 23, 2013 (test only)
- December 14, 2013 (seminar and test)
- December 21, 2013 (test only)
Please download a seminar registration form (PDF)
, or call 614/340.2031.
Location: Columbus Bar offices, 175 S. Third St., Suite 1100,
Columbus, OH 43215
The online seminar can be taken at any time. Click
here to register for the online course (select "Essential